This comforting, delicious and easy to cook recipe is just what you need after a long week. It's the perfect meal for a rainy day, or an evening of cooking and chatting with great friends! You can also make it gluten free!
Cook/prep time: Approx. 35 mins.
- 12 ounces of dried pasta (or gluten free pasta)
- 450ml of non-dairy milk (soya, almond, coconut, oat, etc.)
- 4 ounces of non-dairy cream cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons of sliced and blanched almonds
- 0.4 ounces of chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- CBD Isolate mixed with vegetable oil
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the dried pasta (or gluten free pasta). Cook the pasta for the length of time mentioned on the package instructions. Once cooked, strain and put aside, keeping 1-2 cups of hot pasta water for future use. Keep the pasta warm by placing a lid over the pot.
- In a blender, mix together the non-dairy milk, non-dairy cream cheese, almonds, lemon zest, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a pan over a medium heat, cook the chopped garlic until it starts to brown, adding the CBD as you go. Next add your non-dairy cream sauce and 1-2 cups of pasta water, and stir. You can control the thickness of your sauce by adding more or less of the pasta water. Let the sauce bubble away until thick and creamy (This should take 5-10 minutes).
- Once heated through, pour the sauce over the previously cooked pasta and stir together. If needed, place the pasta pot back over the hob to heat through.
- Serve your delicious creation in pasta bowls and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, sea salt and ground black pepper to taste. Enjoy!