It's Valentine's Day, and if you forgot to buy a gift for your loved one, we've got the perfect recipe for you.
'Be My Valentine' CBD Infused Chocolate TrufflesSweet and indulgent melt-in-the-mouth chocolate truffles, infused with organic CBD Oil.
Prep Time. 10-15 minutes. Makes about 20 small truffles.
- 113g bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 30 ml (1 bottle) CBD Oil Drops
- A pinch of fine sea salt
- 14.75g of unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably non-alkalized, dutch process)
- Chocolate sprinkles for decorating.
- Put the chopped chocolate, butter, CBD drops, and salt in a bowl set on top of a gently simmeringpot of water, or a marie bain. Mix until the chocolate is all melted, smooth and yummy. Pour the mixture into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours (or up to 3 days) to harden.
- Remove and allow the mixture to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder into a shallow cake tray. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the orange zest (or any coating of your choice) over the cocoa if needed. Take a small scoop of the melted chocolate mixture and roll quickly to create an irregular round truffle around 1 inch in diameter (do not keep the truffle in your hands for too long otherwise it will melt!). Place the truffle inside the cocoa-sprinkled tray. Shake the tray to roll the truffle in cocoa and zest/toppings. Continue until all the truffles have been molded and coated.
- Remove the chocolate truffles from the cocoa to a sealed container. Place in freezer. Remove truffles from refrigerator about 10 minutes prior to serving.